Click HERE to make your donation and order your shirt!
Our goal is to raise $30,000 from shirt sales by 2016!
About Operation United
We are excited to announce our new "Operation United" t-shirt fundraiser. For every $15 or $20 donation, donors will receive an Operation United t-shirt of their choice. All proceeds will go toward services for Erie County veterans and their families. All shirts are made in the USA.
As explained by Michael Weiner, President and CEO of UWBEC, "After having served our country, many veterans return home to face a host of challenges, not the least of which is finding employment and financial stability. 'Operation United' is designed to raise money to help fund programs specific to veterans and their families and also to provide a very visible way for our community members to demonstrate support for them."
Over 4,600 veterans in Erie County live below the federal poverty line
Nearly 2,300 veterans are unemployed in Buffalo alone.
Many veterans live with the day-to-day challenges of physical and mental health problems related to their service to our country, all on top of raising families, retaining employment, maintaining housing, and working toward higher education.
In the past several years, veterans have been returning home from Iraq and Afghanistan and need help re-acclimating to their families and communities.
Benefits of Participating
- Enhance Your Corporate Image. Participating in Operation LIVE UNITED offers excellent visibility through United Way of Buffalo & Erie County's marketing efforts. Additionally, when your company supports United Way, the community recognizes your organization as a contributing corporate citizen, resulting in favorable impressions among customers, clients, and residents.
- Create Healthier Communities for Business Viability. Your participation can help United Way provide solutions to community problems and make Erie County a better place to live and work.
- Promote Team Spirit. Participation can boost employee morale and motivate staff to attain a common goal. Companies are encouraged to send us group pictures of employees wearing their Operation United shirts so we can post them on our social media sites.
Join as a company, union or organization!
We invite your company to participate in this fundraising initiative. Below, we have listed how you can organize an internal t-shirt campaign. Afterward, if your company allows it, employees can wear their Operation United shirts on dress down days to show their solidarity and support for veterans and their families.
To get started, identify your internal Operation United coordinator, who will work directly with us throughout the order and distribution process. Next, decide how your company will participate. Here is one method that works for many companies:
- Your coordinator publicizes the program and directs your employees to our online order page. Employees will be provided the hyperlink to this order page, where they will make their $15 or $20 donations* and choose their shirt sizes. After all orders have been processed, we will deliver the shirts to your coordinator for distribution.
- Your coordinator hands out paper order forms, collects the money and individual shirt sizes, and we deliver the shirts once the bulk order is placed.
If you have other ideas on how you would like to participate, please let us know! Our Operation United Coordinator will work with you to design a program that meets your corporate objectives.
*There is a $2 extra charge for XXL and a $3 extra charge for XXXL due to the extra cost of production.
If you would like to coordinate a large order for your workplace, e-mail Toni at Toni.Karovski@uwbec.org or call (716) 887-2652 for more details.
Useful documents for your Operation United workplace shirt sales:
Help as a community member!
Order your shirt here.
Take a photo of yourself in your shirt for Twitter or post a few words of recognition for your loved ones who have served using the hashtag #OperationUnited
Shirts come in gray with navy blue print.
Unisex T available in sizes S, M, L, XL, 2X, 3X:
Ladies T available in sizes S, M, L, XL, 2X:
Long Sleeve Jersey available in S, M, L, XL, 2X, 3X:
A heartfelt thank you goes out to our Operation United supporters. The following companies and their employees have made donations, opened their doors to tabling events, spread the word, and put their best foot forward (some even in the midst of their regular United Way campaigns) to support local veterans and their families:
Antique Lamp Co. and Gift Emporium
Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra
Department of Homeland Security
Erie Promotions Expos, Inc.
Ford Buffalo Stamping UAW JAC
Gowanda Correctional Facility
Hertel-North Buffalo Business Association
LA Fitness of Buffalo on Delaware Avenue
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
North Park Theater
NYS Department of Corrections
NYS Department of Transportation
Russell Wealth Management
University at Buffalo