Helping WNY residents build a stronger financial foothold
60+ agencies collaborate closely with United Way through the Creating Assets, Savings & Hope (CASH) Buffalo Coalition to help improve the financial health of hardworking families.
The coalition includes:
- Credit unions
- Faith-based & community groups
- Educational institutions
- Concerned citizens
CASH focuses on proactive, community-based asset-building strategies, including:
- Securing working family credits & other income supports (Earned income, Education, and Child Tax Credits)
- Improving the coordination, reach & consistency of local financial education programming
- Supporting education & employment opportunities
- Encouraging homeownership & other asset development through Individual Development Account (IDA) matched savings accounts
- Filed 10,348 Tax Returns for low to moderate income tax filers and their families here in Erie County.
- Including 8,125 in person VITA prepared returns filed, completed for free, by trained, IRS certified tax preparers.
Thank you to CASH Buffalo’s generous supporters:
- Bank of America
- Citizens Bank
- First Niagara Foundation
- Internal Revenue Service
- Key Bank
- M&T Charitable Foundation
- United Way of Buffalo and Erie County
- United Way Worldwide
- Walmart Foundation