Work/Life Solutions, a United Way of Buffalo & Erie County (UWBEC) program made possible by Evans Bank and your employer, is dedicated to improving workplace productivity, retention, attendance, financial stability, and well-being for employees. Based on a proven program model, it seeks to help remediate non-work related issues attributed to decreased job performance and workplace attrition through an innovative set of three on-site solutions:
1. Resource Coordinator
- Point of access for all the services of the program
- Available by, text, e-mail, or phone call
- Acts as an in-person/virtual services resource working with employees to prioritize and create action plans to overcome obstacles
- Connects employees with service organizations and programs available in Erie County
- Employees can get the help they need at work rather than taking time off and trying to find the right service providers
2. Work/Life Solutions Loan & Savings Program
- $500 or $1,000 loan to assist in overcoming unexpected financial obstacles
- Available to employees in good standing who have been on the job for at least one year
- Repaid through payroll deduction and reported to credit bureau monthly to help improve or establish credit
- A portion of the monthly repayment is set aside in a savings account; Once the loan is paid the employee can continue to save $10/month or adjust as they see fit.
3. Financial Education Classes
- Financially focused classes provided during work hours conducted by Belmont Housing Resources of Western New York
- Subject matter ranges from budgeting, credit, S.M.A.R.T. spending goals, homeownership, etc.
- Virtual Classes and Online Platform offering worksheets and guides accessible at any time
QUESTIONS: Reach out to Program Director, Durgham Alyasiri - durgham.alyasiri [at] uwbec.org
This program is also made possible, in part, by a grant from the FINRA Investor Education Foundation through a partnership with United Way Worldwide.