"Never lose sight of the close connection between the private fortune of each and the prosperity of all."
-Alexis de Tocqueville
The Tocqueville Society is named after the 19th-century French nobleman who admired America's unique spirit of volunteerism to assist people in need. Members provide philanthropic leadership by setting the standard in their giving and in their commitment to leading positive change.
When you join the Tocqueville Society, you help United Way focus resources on what matters most—results that improve lives and achieve measurable community impact.
Tocqueville Committee Chair
David T. Hore
Levels of giving
- Tocqueville Society: $10,000+
- National Roundtable: $100,000+
- Million Dollar Roundtable: $1,000,000+
- Recognition with your peers in the annual report
- Exclusive invitation to Annual Tocqueville Celebration hosted by a member
- Access to private tours of United Way funded programs
- Regular updates on how your gift is being used to strengthen the community
- Invitations to exclusive receptions and events