United Way’s Leadership Society is a group of community leaders annually investing $500 or more to change the odds for individuals and families in Buffalo and Erie County. Leadership Society members play an essential role in addressing our community’s most pressing needs through philanthropy, leadership, and volunteerism.
Your Leadership Changes Lives For The Better
Leadership Society’s 4,500-plus members contributed a total of $6.1 million last year and used their experience and expertise to help improve life for people in our community. During Family Volunteer Day, leadership society members and their families packed 40,000 meals to be distributed to families in Erie County who do not have access to healthy foods.
- Be part of a community of like-minded leaders who contribute their personal passions, best ideas, and unique strengths to the mission of building stronger communities.
- Volunteer in the community with your family and others who are looking to create change.
- Receive a discount on the annual Board Leadership Training.
- Gain access and network with other leaders in our community who are doing something to make a difference.
- Learn more about critical issues impacting our community and how you can help solve them.
- Members receive recognition on United Way’s website.
Special thanks to our generous Leadership Society event sponsors: