Designating Your General (Regular Buffalo) Campaign Pledge
* The following are some examples of Health and Human Service categories:
2018 General Campaign Charitable Organizations Click here
- The above-mentioned list of charitable agencies, a service to our donors, is discretionary and subject to change without notice. The Donor Choice Program is not intended to endorse or promote an agency, and not all eligible agencies are displayed. Specific program platforms related to an agency, are not shown on the above-mentioned list - please specify program name if applicable.
- For our privacy reasons, we do not release donor contact information to benefiting charities.
- Organizations must provide a direct public Health or Human Service* (category examples shown above), and be currently eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and located in the Continental United States.
- Many large national and international charities have a central "headquarters" (HQ) address - if contributing to one of these types of organizations, please be sure to provide the correct chapter information.
- If a charity is not already (pre)registered and approved to receive contributions with this United Way, additional processing time will be required and the agency is subject to eligibility and individual response. For a new agency application, click here. If you have a question about agency eligibility, please contact our United Way.
- Charities with total designations of less than $100.00 will have a delay in payment, based on actual and overall collection processes, and our standard bi-monthly minimum distribution amount.
- For workplace payroll pledges that are continued (rolled over) into a new Campaign or deduction/calendar year, please note that the United Way will not automatically designate gifts to a previously chosen agency. If a donor wishes to designate their gift to an agency to which they previously selected, the donor may complete a new paper pledge form, or submit their pledge online through their workplace "ePledge", and provide the designation information.
SEFA - State Employees Federated Appeal (employees paid by NYS - https://www.sefanys.org/) agency name, number, and annual eligibility are not interrelated or interchangeable to any content on this page or agency list, as application requirements, acceptance, and policies are separate from the United Way General Campaign. Please see the current SEFA directory for agency eligibility, number selection, and information.
Charitable Contributions: Charities that receive contributions through United Way donors do not issue tax receipts. Please retain your pledge form or pledge confirmation, and in addition, your acknowledgment/thank you letter, and/or tax receipt that the United Way may send to you for your gift. For information regarding tax deductions and your contribution, please contact your tax preparer. In addition, helpful IRS information may be found in IRS Publication 526 or IRS Publication 1771.
A helpful tool to search for tax-exempt organizations can also be found on the IRS website: https://apps.irs.gov/app/eos/