Apprentices bring value, skill, and a strong talent pipeline to your workplace. Investing in highly-skilled employees allows for reduced turnover cost, higher productivity, and brings a more diverse workforce.
The AAI of WNY grant offers sponsor companies tuition reimbursement for apprentice classroom training (Up to $3,500 per apprentice). Through a partnership with the Workforce Development Institute, we also offer funds for apprentice tools and supplies (Up to $750 per apprentice). AAI of WNY provides sponsor companies with technical support to navigate the process of starting and growing a registered apprenticeship program and securing additional funding such as tax incentives and expansion grants.
- Employers: About Registered Apprenticeship
- Starting a Program
- Employer Toolkit to Get Started PDF
- How to Become a Sponsor
- Empire State Tax Credit
- Empire State Tax Credit Fact Sheet
- Link to Apprentice Occupations
- Rochester Technology Manufacturers Association (RTMA)
- Buffalo Niagara Manufacturers Alliance (BNMA)
- Manufacturing Alliance of Southern Tier (MAST)
- Apprenticeship: Return on Investment (ROI)
- Michigan State ROI Calculator
The AAI of WNY is funded by a $2.9 million grant awarded to United Way of Buffalo & Erie County
by the US Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration. The content of this publication
does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the US Department of Labor.
United Way of Buffalo & Erie County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.